Carolyn Davis – Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
APD’s are your nutritional professional. As an APD, I complete 30 hours of Continual Professional Development (CPD) every 12 months, to keep up to date with latest scientific research, to best help patients to improve their nutritional status and wellbeing.
As an APD, each time I see a new patient I:
- Complete a comprehensive, medical, social and dietary history;
- Assess a patients nutritional needs based on this information;
- Develop a personalized eating plan/dietary recommendations;
- Educate patients on healthy eating and food preparation;
And will provide:
- Ongoing counselling and support with review appointments, so that my patients have the best chance of improving their nutritional status and quality of life.
The nutritional health conditions that I am able to assist with include:
- Weight management, for those needing to lose weight or gain weight;
- Diabetes – Type 1 and Type 2 , Gestational and Pre-diabetes;
- Gastrointestinal diseases – Coeliac Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Diverticular Disease;
- Food allergies and intolerances – Dairy free, lactose and gluten free and low chemical diet;
- Heart Disease – High cholesterol and High blood pressure;
- Vegan/Vegetarian eating.
You can learn more about me here
Consultations are generally charged at $100 for a first visit, reduced for follow ups.
Consultations will be Bulk Billed if the patient is on an Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) plan, unless they have billed all their EPC visits within a calendar year.
I am also registered with most Health Insurance companies, of which a patient may be able to claim part of, for an APD service.
I am also registered with the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
Dietitian services are covered for a:
DVA Gold Card and
DVA White Card, for an accepted service-related injury or conditions, including, all mental health, cancer and pulmonary tuberculosis.
For an appointment with Carolyn Davis – Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
Alstonville Clinic – The Annexe
Phone: 02 6628 0505 or 02 6628 1422